Pioneer Materials is a leading supplier of crushed stone in central and southern Delaware and the Eastern Shore.
With four locations on the peninsula as well as delivery capabilities, Pioneer is able to meet the demands of almost any job.
Our material delivered by rail is sourced from quarries in central Pennsylvania, and meets DelDOT, PennDOT, and MDSHA requirements.
- This material is a crushed stone dust.
- It has a 3/8 inch top size and sizes down to a silt sized material.
- The material is used for pipe bedding and walkway areas.
- The material will not compact.
- Drains slowly.
- This material has a 1/2 inch top size.
- It is a clean material and will not compact.
- It is used for decorative purposes and walkways, as well as one of the raw materials used to produce Hot-Mixed Asphalt.
- Also used as a pipe bedding material in some situations.
- This material has a 1-1/2 inch top size and is a clean material.
- Often used for backfill for retaining walls, used for subase for sheds, also sometimes used as driveway stone.
- Also used as the primary raw aggregate in Ready Mixed Concrete and some Hot-Mixed Asphalt mixes.
- Will not compact.
2A Sub Base / Cr-6
- This material has a 1 1/2" inch top size.
- It is a mixture of coarse stone and crushed stone dust.
- Used as a road base, under slab , driveway or walking paths.
- Will drain.
- Has a structural coefficient.
- Used where stability and drain ability are concerns.
- Primarily a clean material.
- This material has a 3 inch top size.
- It is also a bulky material but is somewhat easier to handle than an AASHTO #1.
- Used primarily in drainage situations.
- May not meet AASHTO #3 spec.
- This material is primarily used by state DOT's and municipalities as a skid deterrent during the winter months
- Several types and classifications of Anti-Skid are used in DE, utilizing sand, limestone, and cinders
- Anti-Skid usually consists of a 1/2" or 3/8" topsize down to a dust
- This material is the large boulder-sized rock that is often seen lining rivers and streams.
- * R-4 (6" - 12")
- * Please note that all Rip Rap aggregate is visually inspected for gradation compliance and can vary from quarry to quarry.
- Although not often used by homeowners, the material makes an excellent flow barrier in situations where water systems threaten property damage.
- This material will not compact due to it's sizes.
- This product requires a special rock body truck to haul material at an added cost for delivery.